Saturday 7 July 2012

My Review: Ishaqzaade

Ok..so I kind didn't post...since my first post. I should really learn to commit to something. my commitment issues aside, I wanted to start posting again...well start posting period. I guess...maybe because I am in school and need something to do while I procrastinate.

This post is going to be a movie review...of a bollywood movie. It might be a little late but I finally had a chance to watch it and quite honestly, I couldn't get over it. The story line was amazing, it's very different from most of the movies that are coming out these days...well for one like I said, it had a story. I am going to try not to give too much away when I talk about this, but we'll see where this goes.

The story is a modern (sort of) Romeo Juliette story. Its modern in a sense that it takes place in 2011/2012 but not so much modern when looking at the issues shown in the movie. The two main characters Zoya and Parma are very headstrong, proud individuals who are surprisingly likable. I was very pleased with the portrayal of Zoya, she was a very strong female character who having grown up in a house of brothers does her best to keep up with them. We see she lets her temper take control of her and is completely fearless when held to gun point. She is however, portrayed as naive at the same time as if to say "she should have stayed in her place as a woman", she is fooled into thinking that her father's love for her was unconditional, she would be treated equally to her brothers and...well watch the movie and you'll see the biggest thing she was fooled into thinking which leads to her ultimate downfall. The portrayal of Parma's mother as the tragic hero was incredibly beautiful...as you can see I was very pleased with the portrayal of women in this movie...more so than Roma's portrayal in Don which just embarrassed me. (-______-).

OHHH and I actually cried at the end...that is very rare for me. So I guess what I am trying to say is if you're sick of the cheesy, stupid movies that are coming out these days and are looking for a little substance...watch this movie. This is a love story...which gives it some license for cheesiness, but there is legit plot and the ending is...different.

-Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment